As a family member or friend of a Sjögren’s patient, you are concerned for your loved one and we know you want to learn more about Sjögren’s.
Here are a few things you can do:
- Expand your knowledge about Sjögren's. Visit our Understanding Sjögren's page where you can learn more about the disease, its symptoms and its treatment. You can also view our FAQs. These questions will give you basic answers to some of the most common questions patients and their friends and family are asking the Foundation.
- Attend a local support group meeting with your friend or loved one. You will meet other patients with Sjögren's while also providing much needed support for your loved one.
- Join your friend or loved one on a visit to his or her physician's appointment. This will give you a better understanding of how physicians treat this diseases and also will help you understand the various symptoms and complications Sjögren's patients experience.
- Become involved with the Sjögren's Foundation. Many family members and friends of Sjögren's patients have chosen to become involved with our fundraising events to help raise awareness about Sjögren's. We encourage you to visit the Get Involved page to learn more.
- Consider becoming a member of the Sjögren’s Foundation. By becoming a member, you will not only receive our newsletter, but you will also receive materials from the Foundation that will help expand your knowledge as well as give you resources to help your loved one. Visit Become a Member to sign up today.
Remember, the Sjögren's Foundation is here to help. Please do not hesitate to contact the Foundation by email at info [at] sjogrens [dot] org info [at] sjogrens [dot] org ( )or by phone at (301) 530-4420 with any questions or concerns.