The Sjögren’s Foundation, in concert with our medical advisors, is continually monitoring the coronavirus/COVID-19 and what the Foundation and our patients should be doing.
From the very start of the pandemic, the Foundation took immediate action to ensure patients were safe and had the information they needed. We are incredibly proud of our strong response and hope it highlights our unwavering dedication to supporting all patients.
We are committed to the health and safety of our patients, their families and our volunteers, which is why all Foundation events are currently being held virtually. While things might look a little different, know that we will continue to work nonstop and navigate these unprecedented times with you.
Please click on the links below to learn more about the Foundation's COVID-19 prevention policy for patients and event information:
COVID-19 Vaccine and Sjögren's
- Watch the member town hall: Update on COVID-19, vaccinations and Sjögren's Featuring Cassandra Calabrese, DO (11/16)
- Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Approved by FDA
- COVID-19, the Vaccine, and Sjögren's Update by Dr. Alan Baer from the 2021 National Patient Conference
- Watch the member town hall: COVID-19 Vaccine and Sjögren's Webinar Featuring Cassandra Calabrese, DO (3/24)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Sjögren’s Foundation Develops FAQs on Sjogren’s and COVID-19
Clinical Study Recruiting Sjögren's Patients
- Johns Hopkins Medicine researchers are currently recruiting patients for the study, COVID-19 Antibody Testing of Patients with Chronic Conditions
Sjögren's Foundation Statements on COVID-19
- Sjögren’s Foundation COVID-19 Vaccination Committee Recommendation on Pfizer mRNA COVID-19 Booster - released September 30th, 2021
- Sjögren’s Foundation COVID-19 Vaccination Committee Statement on COVID-19 Booster Recommendation - released August 18th, 2021
- Sjögren's Foundation COVID-19 Vaccination Committee Issues Recommendation on 3rd Dose for Sjögren's Patients - released August 16th, 2021
- Sjögren's Foundation & COVID-19 Vaccination Committee Statement - released January 8th, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccination Statement by Steven Taylor, President & CEO, Sjögren's Foundation
- A message from Sjögren’s Foundation CEO, Steven Taylor, on our ongoing response to the coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Update on the Foundation’s Outreach on Hydroxychloroquine/Plaquenil Shortage:
- Letter to FDA on Plaquenil Shortage
- A Message from Steven Taylor, Sjögren's Foundation CEO
Patient Support for COVID-19
- Vitamin D, Sjögren's & the Coronavirus
- COVID-19, Sjögren's & the 2020 Flu Shot
- COVID-19/Coronavirus Precautions for Sjögren's Patients
- 2021 January Impact Call - Baer Presentation
The Sjögren's Foundation was not involved in the design or outcomes of any of the listed studies. However, we remain objective in our efforts to share timely information related to Sjögren’s and COVID-19, while recognizing that our collective understanding of the situation continues to evolve.
- Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on eye strain and dry eye symptoms
- Unmet Needs in Sjögren’s Care Related to COVID-19
- COVID-19 Characterization and Outcomes in a European Sjögren’s Cohort
- Systemic autoimmune rheumatic disease linked to higher end-organ failure risk in COVID-19
- Clinical News: Findings from a Small Cohort of Rheumatic Disease Patients with COVID-19
We know that the coming year will include times of stress and anxiety, as we are all charting this unknown territory. Rest assured, that the Foundation will be alongside you as we continue to offer support and advice to Sjögren’s patients on COVID-19.
We will continue to update this page as more information is released. Be safe and continue to listen to your health care professionals.
*Updated on 12/20/21