The Sjögren’s Foundation Clinical Trials Consortium (CTC) is an international initiative comprised of experts representing multiple specialties, industry partners and Foundation staff whose mission is to increase the availability and accessibility of therapies for treating Sjögren’s.
Since its inception in 2014, the CTC has focused on the following goals in pursuit of accomplishing this mission:
- To support and promote objectives that facilitate the design of clinical trials
- To increase industry partnerships with the Sjögren’s Foundation
- To engage in dialogue with government agencies that oversee therapy approval (i.e. the U.S. FDA and the European Medicines Agency [EMA])
Notable projects led by the CTC include the following:
- The creation of the Sjögren’s Training and Education Platform (STEP), an online training platform designed to coordinate training and testing for clinical instruments used in the assessment of Sjögren’s patients for medical professionals in the research community.
- Efforts to update the ICD-10 code for Sjögren’s so that it is more representative of the disease.
- Ongoing dialogue with the FDA centered on creating efficient and successful clinical trials.
Corporate members of the Sjögren's Foundation are invited to participate in the CTC throughout the year. To learn more about becoming a corporate member, please contact Sheriese DeFruscio at sdefruscio [at] sjogrens [dot] org.